CO2 Lasers have revolutionized the way otolaryngologists approach surgery, enabling highly precise and, often, less invasive treatment of a wide range of ENT applications.LASER is the acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Laser is a device that emits light through a process of Optical amplification based on stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation.
- In sleep apnoea surgeries (LAUP) to reduce enlaged palate and uvula
- Remove tumours from oral cavity
- To reduce size of turbinates
- Stapedotomy: make a hole in the footplate before placing the piston
- Benign conditions-Reinke’s edema, Benign cycts, polyps on vocal cords ,Recurrent papillomatosis, Subglottic and Tracheal stenosis
- Malignant lesions in larynx